Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Once in Cape Town

Rotterdam, Turkey and Joburg check pointed and I've made it to Capetown! Slightly eventful journey including my hostel getting the transfer dates wrong so I had to haggle my own cab, the one thing I was genuinely dreading to do. I decided to pretend to have been SA millions of times and that I was retuning from my travels as opposed to starting them. No lies just not the whole truth. Managed to get my fare for slightly less than what the hostel had recommend so I guess I did something right! Also found out my taxi driver owns his own personal parrot zoo and bodega and he taught me how to mix red wines to get the ultimate flavours... In case you're ever wondering how to do that I am now your woman.
Currently just arrived at Once and the staff have been fantastic so far! My roomie has also just joined me and he's a well established Brazilian traveller who's gonna show me the ropes (or, at least watch the football with me tonight).
Haven't explored much of Cape Town yet but what I've seen is pretty much like any other city, busy, dirty and loud!
Next stop: Jeffreys bay to meet up with Marike and Lola!
Okay doei, Tiger Laylay xo

No comments:

Post a Comment